Sony Xperia Z2 Frequently Asked Questions, Answers & Specifications
Table of Content
- Is the Sony Xperia Z2 waterproof or water-resistant ?
- Is the Sony Xperia Z2 5g ready ?
- Is the Sony Xperia Z2 still being sold ?
- Can the Sony Xperia Z2 charge wirelessly ?
- Does the Sony Xperia Z2 support fast charging ?
- Does the Sony Xperia Z2 support dual sim cards ?
- What is the release date of the Sony Xperia Z2 ?
- Was the Sony Xperia Z2 discontinued ?
- What is the Sony Xperia Z2 battery life ?
- What is the resolution / screen size of the Sony Xperia Z2 ?
- Sony Xperia Z2 Full Specifications
- More Details on the Sony Xperia Z2
Is the Sony Xperia Z2 waterproof or water-resistant ?
- Yes, the Sony Xperia Z2 is water resistant
Devices backed by an international standard rating of IP68 can withstand certain levels of dust, dirt, and sand, and are resistant to submersion up to a maximum depth of 1.5m in freshwater for up to thirty minutes.
Is the Sony Xperia Z2 5g ready ?
- No, the Sony Xperia Z2 is NOT 5G Ready
With 5G, large amounts of data can be transmitted more efficiently than 4G LTE. That simply means faster downloads and blazing fast connections for more connected devices than ever before.5G offers faster streaming and better gaming performance.
Is the Sony Xperia Z2 still being sold ?
- No, the Sony Xperia Z2 was discontinued
The Sony Xperia Z2 first launched on 2014, February. Released 2014, April .
Can the Sony Xperia Z2 charge wirelessly ?
- No, the Sony Xperia Z2 CANNOT charge wirelessly
Wireless chargers generally use magnetic induction. It uses electromagnetic to transmit energy between a wireless charger and a device.With these types of phone, you typically charge it by placing it on the charger (usually sold separately).
Does the Sony Xperia Z2 support fast charging ?
- Yes, the Sony Xperia Z2 support fast charging
Fast Charging is a term frequently used to market chargers and devices capable of charging faster than the current charging standard (5 Watts). The different types of fast charging are : quick charge , adaptive fast charging and apple fast charging.
Does the Sony Xperia Z2 support dual sim cards ?
- No, the Sony Xperia Z2 does NOT support dual sim cards
A SIM card also known as subscriber identity module or subscriber identification module. You can search for mobile phones with dual sim cards on Technobezz.
What is the release date of the Sony Xperia Z2 ?
Sony Xperia Z2 was announced on 2014, February. Released 2014, April
The Sony Xperia Z2 was announced on 2014, February. Released 2014, April . Availability can vary by regions and countries.
Was the Sony Xperia Z2 discontinued ?
- Yes, the Sony Xperia Z2 was discontinued
What is the Sony Xperia Z2 battery life ?
The battery type on the Sony Xperia Z2 is a Li-Ion 3200 mAh, non-removable; A regular phone has a battery capacity of 2500 mAh battery, which will roughly last for a day. On the other hand a larger battery capacity (4000 mAh, for instance) may typically need fewer recharges - this tends to make your phone battery life last longer.
What is the resolution / screen size of the Sony Xperia Z2 ?
The resolution of the Sony Xperia Z2 is 1080 x 1920 pixels, 16:9 ratio (~424 ppi density) , the display type entails a 5.2 inches, 74.5 cm2 (~69.3% screen-to-body ratio) ,Shatter proof glass.
Sony Xperia Z2 - Technical Details
- Model: Sony Xperia Z2
- Brand: Sony
- Announced Date: 2014, February. Released 2014, April
- Released Date/ Status: Discontinued
- Colors: Black, White, Purple
- Internal Storage/RAM: 16GB 3GB RAM
- Weight: 163 g (5.75 oz)
- Resolution: 1080 x 1920 pixels, 16:9 ratio (~424 ppi density)
- Display Type: IPS LCDLi-Ion 3200 mAh, non-removable;
- Display Size: 5.2 inches, 74.5 cm2 (~69.3% screen-to-body ratio)
- Screen Aspect: Triluminos display X-Reality Engine
- Screen Build: Shatter proof glass
- Rear Camera Single: 20.7 MP, f/2.0, 1/2.3", 1.12µm, AF
- Rear Camera Video: 4K@30fps, 1080p@60fps, 720p@120fps, HDR
- Front Camera Video: 1080p@30fps
- Rear Camera Details: LED flash, HDR, panorama
- Front Camera Details:
- Network: GSM / HSPA / LTE
- 4G Band: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 7, 8, 13, 17, 20 - D65031, 2, 3, 4, 5, 7, 8 - D6543
- Speed: HSPA 42.2/5.76 Mbps, LTE Cat4 150/50 Mbps
- 2D Band: GSM 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900 - D6502, D6503, D6543
- 3G Band: HSDPA 850 / 900 / 1700 / 1900 / 2100 - D6502, D6503, D6543
- 5G Band:
- CPU Make: Qualcomm MSM8974AB Snapdragon 801 (28 nm)
- CPU: Quad-core 2.3 GHz Krait 400
- OS: Android 4.4.2 (KitKat), upgradable to 6.0 (Marshmallow)
- GPU: Adreno 330
- Battery Type: Li-Ion 3200 mAh, non-removable
- Battery Stand-by: Up to 690 h (2G) / Up to 740 h (3G)
- Music Play: Up to 120 h
- Fast Charging: Fast charging 18W Quick Charge 2.0 - Japan only
- NFC: Yes
- Radio: FM radio, RDS
- WLAN: Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, dual-band, Wi-Fi Direct, DLNA, hotspot
- GPS: Yes, with A-GPS, GLONASS
- Bluetooth: 4.0, A2DP, aptX
- USB: microUSB 2.0 (MHL TV-out), USB On-The-Go magnetic connector;
- Dimension: 146.8 x 73.3 x 8.2 mm (5.78 x 2.89 x 0.32 in)
- SIM: Micro-SIM
- Build: Glass front, glass back, aluminum frame
- Design Features: IP58 dust proof and water resistant over 1.5 meter and 30 minutes
- Weight: 163 g (5.75 oz)
- Sensors: Accelerometer, gyro, proximity, compass, barometer
- Features: ANT+
- Speakers: Yes, with stereo speakers
- SAR USA: 1.34 W/kg (head) 0.82 W/kg (body)
- Memory Card Slot: microSDXC (dedicated slot)
- 3.5mm Jack: Yes
- Models: D6503, D6502, SO-03F, Xperia Z2